8 Ways To Lower The Risk Of Diabetes!
What causes Diabetes?
Diabetes is due to either the pancreas not producing enough insulin or the cells of the body not responding properly to the insulin produced.
When your daily diet is filled with quickly absorbed sugars, liquid calories and rich in carbohydrates like, white rice, bread, pasta and potatoes, the cells in your body slowly become resistant to the effects of insulin. This cause’s the cells to do more work in keep your blood sugar even.
Not all diabetes can be cured but this is a way to avoid developing Type 2 diabetes caused by poor diet etc.
- When being tested for diabetes get your doctor to test while fasting but also 1-2 hours after a glucose drink.
- Keep a food diary. Being smart about nutrition and reducing down carbohydrates and increasing fresh wholefoods will help. Eliminate sugar and processed carbohydrates.
- Supplements that include, vitamin D, fish oil and special blood sugar balancing nutrients like alpha lipoic acid, chromium polynicotinate, biotin, cinnamon green tea and glucomannan are a must
- Relax, stress is a major unrecognised contributor to insulin resistance and causes an imbalance in blood sugar levels. Slow down relax, watch a movie, breathe deeply, do yoga or just get some fresh air
- Exercise is important. It doesn’t have to hurt! Go for a 30 minute walk, join a gym, get a personal training or dance. Find something you enjoy and add it to your everyday routine
- Get clean and green – remove toxins from your life. Go green on cleaning products, drink alkaline water and avoid plastics
- Know your body and that of your family. Family history and knowing your body will go a long way in determining how you age and what to look for.
- Research – if there is a history of diabetes in your family learn more about it. Talk to people do some research find ways to avoid this from happening for you today
Leave a comment